Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lunch, Checkup & Observation...

Met up with 2 new teachers and one of our admins named Lilly; one we call big Lilly, and the other is Little Lilly, or just Lilly. Little Lilly is very nice and much closer to us in age. She's 29 in Korean age which is 28 in the US. In Korea, you turn 1 when you are born.

We met outside Hanna Bank where we opened up accounts; I also deposited some cash (USD) and took 100,000 KRW out of my account. Next we headed to the Hongik Hospital for a blood test and physical. They check your blood for HIV and give a drug test as well.

Apparently I have high blood pressure. (pretty sure they need a new cuff or a bigger cuff as I was fine back home. One of the girls couldn't pee for over an hour of her just sitting in the damn bathroom.

We were starving and headed to a Korean restaurant. Of course I spotted a Mickey D's on the way and had to grab a double quarter pounder meal. This McDonalds was 2 stories but not too huge inside. Most buildings here are more than 2-3 stories and have apartments above them. I also ate Bibimbap at the Korean restaurant and had soup and Kimchi (starting to really like it!)


After we ate we headed to the school where I observed 2 classes and we watched Wall-E for the previous teachers last "special" class. The special class is for students who need a little more attention and guidance with English. I received my books and schedule for the next semester which starts Thursday. I'm pretty excited.




Off to bed. Kyle got on Skype from Starbucks and we are meeting at 9am in Itawewon to look for a place to live. Wish us luck!

Cheers,

-JC

No comments:

Post a Comment