Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day in the ROK

Good afternoon!! So I have 2 or 3 blog posts that I haven't uploaded yet. I haven't gotten wifi since the airport and I am plugged in at my "Love Motel." The only words I know so far are beer, and hi. I'm sure more will come soon. But here's what I've got for now:

Last night I went out to dinner with a few coworkers and their friends. We at korean barbq chicken and cured bacon. It was pretty good although I mostly just drank Beer and Soju. Soju is basically sweet watered down vodka. It sneaks up on you. We also went to "Rum Bar" and had a bunch of dollar tequila shots. It was all good fun and my coworkers insisted that we go out my first night in Korea.


So far I haven't spoken a lick of english to anyone that knows what I am talking about except 2 mormon guys that told me where to find a bank. It's definitely a little wierd.

Here are some pictures from Today:
Funny to see a Texas bar in Mokdong, Seoul.


Not sure what this was but I got it from a lady for 500Won (like 50 cents). I think it was some sort of bean mashed up in a dimsum type roll. I got it at this market:





After leaving the market to grab a burger this little old lady ran me down and handed me these 2 laminated cards and said "flower" smiled, bowed, and I said thanks and she jogged back to her stand in the market. I think they are bible verses.
This is where I ate lunch: (sort of like McDonalds. My Meal cost 5500 KRW which is like 5 bucks.





The Burger was pretty good, and the fries were just like burger king. The lettuce was definitely cabbage and the sauce was like a mayo/ketchup type combo. Not bad.

Well, I'm off to my school. Training from 3:30-10:00 and sitting in on Emily's class. She is the current english teacher I am to replace. I am excited to meet my new students. I've been told to lay out the ground rules on day 1 and be firm. Wish me luck!

Until next time,

-JC

(I will post my in flight blog stuff when I get my Iphone on wifi. Should be soon)
Also My Skype name is DJColv. Add me and feel free to message me anytime on email. jcolv16@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment