Friday, September 2, 2011

Finally another post...Busy Busy

I am very behind on blogging.  So with the limited time i have with internet I figured I would just post my pictures with brief captions.



 On the Subway - Line 5 (purple)

 Kabob from a street vendor. Chicken, mayo sauce, veggies and cabbage.
 This is Emily, I am teaching in her place now.
 Some of her/my students.



 I will have both of these little girls in my class.  Stella is on the right, she has sent me messages already via our online community. It's where kids and parents can ask the teachers questions about homework, or just say hello!
 Prior to my first day of the new semester (with my own students) I went out to eat and Drink with my buddy Alex. He knows his Korean Food. We went to a place in Sinchon and there were lots of drunk people everywhere and falling over/passing out in the street. It was great entertainment while we ate Korean BBQ and drank some Makgeolli and of course, beers.
 A waitor peeling some crazy looking mushrooms.
 The menu on the wall.
 Downtown Sinchon.

 They have carnival type games in the middle of the street. Random, yes.
 A brick breaking like game. I gave a skinny Korean guy a high five for breaking a huge stack and he wouldn't stop hugging me. Haha
 Karaoke Bar. We hit this up after eating and drinking way too much.  They give you your own room and you rock out while drinking.  Once we figured out how to work the controls we acutally found a page of "pop" songs. Sang songs like, Forgot About Dre, Look at me now, Freak on a Leash... You know the classics.
 The next day: What I had for lunch. Egg slice sandwich, Convenience store Kimbab (like sushi), Grain flavored Sun chips, and Cheese flavored ramen bowl.  Not a bad combo, although fresh Kimbap from a restaurant is the best.
 Kimbap.
I think this is what was in it: Rice, egg, pickled raddish, ham and carrot. Not bad for 1,000KRW (less than a dollar)

My first day of class went well; Didn;t have time to snap any pictures, I will try to today.  THe kids were good but 3 out of 4 of my classes are very full.  The small class I have the children speak almost 0 English, it's pretty challenging because they aren't allowed to speak Korean (plus I can't understand it).

OH I FORGOT! I found a place. Should be moving in tomorrow if my wire transfer goes through correctly.  I need to check with my bank again today.  I will post pics when we move in. Its a large 2 bedroom that inlcudes a large AC unit, fridge, washer, rooftop, parking for friends, and lots of storage space!!

Very ready to be settled. Stay tuned!!

Anyang Kasayo!

-JC

No comments:

Post a Comment