Monday, February 20, 2012

Cheap Labor...

I have talked to many people about the low labor rate for basically any kind of physical job here in Korea. It's definitely true.  Took my scooter to the repair guy down the street today because it has been making some loud squeaky and choppy sounds in the front end.  Right there on the sidewalk outside the shop, he went to work.  Although it only took the old guy like 16 minutes to fix the squeak (grease the bearing, oil the joints, take apart the brake, and replace the pads) it only cost 10,000KRW. Thats less than 10 dollars!! Anyways I thought that was great. I also need to fix a few other cosmetic things on the bike (stupid cars like to hit me) 

Might teach a new class early in the morning come Mid March. 2-5 year olds. I would teach exercise, storytelling, arts and crafts, cooking, sing songs, and play games.  I find out Thursday if I get the gig.  I will be replacing one of my buddies because he is moving back to Quebec. 

More pictures and posts coming soon. My phone broke last week and I lost everything :( . Luckily I saved 80% of my phones pictures.  I need to buy a microSD card next...


Cheers,
-JC, Out!

1 comment: